Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rapunzel by Kris Waldherr


With the animated movie Tangled becoming so popular, I wanted to share with you a wonderful book adapted and illustrated by Kris Waldherr. Kris has written many books on mythology, women's spirituality, queens, tarot and more. I have always enjoyed her flair with words and the gorgeous drawings that accompany them. This book is no different.


Rapunzel  is the story of a young girl trapped in a tower. Her only communication with the outside world is when she let down her hair for the witch who has her trapped in the tower can come up to talk with her. One day, someone unexpected comes up to visit her and the story gets even more interesting. No spoilers here!


To check out this wonderful book for either children or adults, visit http://artandwordseditions.com/. This book was sent to me by the author for review as a digital e-book, and  the quality of the story and illustrations are just as gorgeous as ever. I have used my Nookcolor and iPad to view the book and completely recommend a digital edition.






1 comment:

  1. Interesting how the book cover ALSO looks like a Tarot card. (I loved all the slapstick humor in the movie "Rapunzel" - especially all that bonking done with a cat iron fry pan.) I can see why you'd recommend this book. It sounds utterly fascinating.

    ReplyDelete